Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Passionate Battle

The other day I was cruising through blogs when I came across Shoni's blog where she seemed to be rather disturbed by idea of older men having sexual relationships with young boys. Agreeably so I began to think about how I believed I had learned at one point in my life that some of the Greek army was comprised of homosexual men because of the belief that people will fight more vigorously for their lover. I found this idea to be rather ingenious and probably true in theory. So I approached Professor Sexson and asked him if my memory served me correctly, and of course he told me to go and look it up; so I did. Here is what I have found from www.absoluteastronomy.com: there was a group or division of the army call the sacred Band of Thebes which was reserved for men and their youth lovers because of the before mentioned theory of a more passionate fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment