Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Street Fight Anyone?

When we discuss Antigone between men and women sometimes we envision the bringing-out of brass-knuckles, but combine youth and age with this battle royal and you better be packin' full riot gear. The other day at my work two of my co-workers got into a fight, let me set the scene: The woman (we shall call her Sally) is sixty-one years old and the man(we shall call him Dick) is thirty (even though he looks older) got in an argument about talking to each others customers; mind you I work in a commissioned sales environment, wow, can you see the picture I'm painting for you? If you can't envision this, then trust me this painting is just short of a man and women standing together with a pitch-fork. The screaming from the two could be heard from across the 35,000 square-foot showroom, this went over well with the customers shopping for a nice relaxing recliner; nothing like kickin' your feet up and listening to a nice soothing shouting match, aaahhh. They circled back and forth in the break room teeth and claws draw. I hastily ran for the hills, abandoning all hope of making any sort of sale in exchange for getting out with my life still intact. The blood and guts were soon mopped up and apologies handed out. WHEW

No comments:

Post a Comment