Thursday, January 29, 2009

Do the Twist?

The question was asked of us by professor Sexson to pick of a time period in history in which we would like to travel back to because of the music of that particular time. I'm sure time travel of itself is enough of a quandary. However, in considering this question of time travel I looked to my dog (Steve) for an answer(oddly enough I usually look to Steve for most of my answers). What I got from him was a remarkable revelation. Every other Saturday I do a radio show for KGLT, but when I leave the house I turn the station on so that Steve can hear my show, and he loves to listen. I realized that I play music from all different time periods. So to answer the question, I realized that we can already travel back in time because we can listen to any music from any era that preceded us. If we should not read the times but instead the eternities, then we should listen to the eternities as well. "All that is past possesses our present" (Theme of the class from our syllabus.

No comments:

Post a Comment