Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gang Bangers











As I'm sitting here researching things from The Golden Ass I'm finding that the term Mohock(according to the Internet) refers to gangs or crimes. The Mohocks of the 17th and 18th centuries are equated with today's bloods and crips. Here is where there is some confusion on my part and maybe I'm just not digging deep enough. The term also seems to mean "turf-hunter" which Fotis eludes to, but here is where my confusion begins: I'm certain if this is a term from the Greeks in Latin or if this is a bi product of the translation it's self. Everything I've found on this term on the Internet makes reference to the 17th and 18th century. How then, if this gang was so terrifying, did Lucious confuse sheep with a terrible gang. Which brings up another question, I thought the text said that Fotis used goat's hair in the place of the young man's hair, and if so why would sheep be summoned and not goats?

No comments:

Post a Comment